Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Book review~Stitch it Simple (embroidery & sewing book)

There is something so elementary about putting thread on a needle and moving it through fabric. Maybe it's the idea of joining two pieces of fabric together and creating something that can potentially brighten someone's day. Sewing reminds me of childhood and rec classes where we took squares and hand stitched them together. As fun as that was I've yet to look at basic sewing as an art form. Call me crazy because I can see the art form in quilting and embroidery just not sewing. Not until this little gem that is. 

I'm beyond baffled at how designer Anne Wilson takes mismatched fabrics and turns them into eclectic, functional pieces of art. What an amazing job she does at taking something so simple as a pillow and turning it into something you could actually put on display never mind the functionaly of it. Having a lot of the products described and necessary for each project I feel compelled to jump into my craft room ASAP. 

The only con to this read was the grammatical errors. I was an English major and so spelling and grammar are key when reading through a book. I can get hung up on an error for far too long and it takes the focus off of the fabulous content. Other than that this book is a true gem. 

I would absolutely recommend this book to any crafter or art enthusiast. I received a copy of this book through Netgalley.com for my fair and honest review. All opinions expressed are my own. 

Hugs and Creative Blessings,
Raven 

No comments:

Post a Comment